Thursday 23 June 2011

Sorted, but maybe not as planned

Well, I have decided not to take any of the 'deals' offered to me, as they would all end up costing me more per month and paying the dealer for his losses. I told him I would accept my BMW back in a fully repaired state. As I speak, they are replacing the worn out gearbox with a NEW one. I decided the undisclosed accident damage was not so serious as the car was not re-classified as rebuilt, which it would have been if it was a major chassis bender. The replaced gearbox will give me a reliable car for the next 100,000 km which is all that I want. 

This may seem a cop-out to some as I would have been fully within my rights to cancel the deal outright, but the hassles of then re-applying for finance, trying to get my deposit back, etc, made this current option the better one for me. The CPA definitely helped as without it, I would have to fork out R18,000 from my pocket above and beyond what the insurance paid for the gearbox repairs.

Thank you CPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment